Sex and the Beach will be celebrating its fifth anniversary next month. In five years, we've laughed, cried, we've broken bones, we've lost weight, we've gained weight, we've been in relationships and out of them, bla bla bla ... but most importantly, we've evolved and continue evolving.
We've touched upon different topics, from sex to food and everything in between, but one theme has remained consistent: how to be the best woman you can be even in this process of constant evolution and that's why the tag line "single woman's guide to chronic living" still remains true.
In honor of this, I want to celebrate in a BIG WAY -- not for me, but for YOU. All you women out there doing this "living" thing, being resilient, rolling with the tide and pulling through no matter what.
I'm partnering with my cherished friend Scott Branch from Ipanemic and my awesome blog sponsor D & L Hair Studio for a fun contest!
Most of you know Scott as the guy who takes steamy photos of hot chicks in a boudoir setting or the beach, but this contest isn't about sex or about soft porn. It's about putting your best face forward, bravely. It's about being sexy while being you. I don't care how big, fat, skinny, tall, short, white, black, whatever you are. Trust me when I tell you, Scott can even make a jaded South Beach 40 year-old look good. (See photo above, taken spontaneously at Monty's in South Beach a couple of years ago.)
Go ahead, own it. Be saucy and seize the opportunity. If you win, you'll also get a hair and makeup session with D & L Hair Studio, one of my blog sponsors, up to $300 value! Now how can you pass up on that?
There will be other beauty goodies too ... details to follow!
- You must have Twitter, Youtube and Facebook accounts.
- Submit a ONE MINUTE video, posted to your Youtube, telling us how you have evolved over the last five years and why you deserve a photo session with Scott as well as hair and makeup by D & L Hair Studio. We'll be looking for a woman who really lives up to the spirit of "chronic living" that inspires this blog. Humor a big plus. Tag the video SEXANDTHEBEACH.
- Contact beachbombshell AT gmail DOT com when you've posted a video. Include a link to the video, as well as your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Follow @vicequeenmaria and @ipanemic on Twitter (strongly encouraged) for updates and interaction. Talk to us!
- If you submit a video, you agree to let Scott and I broadcast it and contest-related material (such as photos of you, retweets and so on) on our social networks.
- You do not have to be local to participate, but obviously, you'll have to come to South Florida if you want the photo shoot and beauty session!
- This contest is *not* open for established or aspiring models, sorry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. No age limit over 21!
- If you do participate, kindly tag Sex and the Beach and Ipanemic in any contest-related updates on your Facebook wall and use the hashtag #satb5 on Twitter.
Sunday, October 10th, 2010
A photo session with Scott at a local location. Hair and makeup by D & L Hair Studio, up to a $300 value. This is not a simple wash and blow! You will consult with the studio and could opt for a color glaze and cut, for example. After the photo shoot, Scott will give you three high-resolution non-bookmarked images. You will arrange the photo shoot, determine the location and set up the beauty session with Scott and D & L Salon respectively, but I will be available to help coordinate, if necessary. You will have six months to take advantage of your prize.
Every woman who submits a video will get a little somethin' ... discounts on Scott's photo services as well coupons from D & L Hair Studio. Details to follow.
The Grand Prize winner will receive notification by email and also be announced at the Sex and the Beach 5th Anniversary Bash sometime in mid-October, details to follow. You need not be present to win, but I hope to see you at the party!
That's it! Now go whip out that video camera and get crankin' ...