Saturday, April 16, 2016

Romance Row: A Gift from the Sea

lauderdale-by-the-sea

The blog that brought you Trail of the Pirates now brings you Romance Row: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

Update: To read the full series, visit Romance Row: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

Tomorrow I'm embarking on a long-awaited press trip designed just for me and Sex and the Beach by the magical and very savvy craft of Emily Taffel of Mugsy PR.

I will experience Lauderdale-by-the-Sea for ten days, exploring boutique hotels along the city's main street. This comes at a perfect time for me to retreat and regain my strength as a writer. The title of my journey is supposed to be "Romance Row," but I think I already know in my heart that this trip will involve romancing quite more than the obvious, wink wink and isn't he a lucky guy?

How about love of the sea, sense of belonging somewhere or what that even means, a sense of place and most of all, a sense of love.

Perhaps I'll follow my heart along the shores of this quaint seaside town.

This brings me back to my roots in travel writing and love of all stories related to oceans, which I remember fondly from years ago, sitting in St. Lucia, looking out at the Caribbean sea and saying "This is it. This is enough." I get to do that again, right here, right in my own backyard.

No thoughts about sea level rise. Maybe that is the gift from the sea, to humble everyone into taking better care of mother earth. The title of this post is inspired by Anne Morrow Lindbergh's inspirational book Gift from the Sea, which reflects on how the sea can teach us so much.

I am so grateful for this gift.

Follow social stories over at hashtag #LOVElbts on Twitter and Instagram.

Disclosure: This travel experience is supported by The Small Lodging Association of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. All opinions my own.

#lovefl #lovelbts

No comments: