Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Sex AND the Beach, Not ON It

clevelander bikini punani south beachThe girl from Ipanema is always walking by and you know who has his shutter ready.

Well I'm sure everyone who didn't make it out this weekend was just scared of Miami Beach parking and who could blame you? But I know each and everyone one of you was there in spirits and boy, spirits we had, with $5 Punanitinis at C-Level at The Clevelander, which proved to be quite the classic South Beach party spot. No location would have been better for celebrating five years of Sex and the Beach; it was buzzing, electrified, non-stop with energy and gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! The whole of the island city laid out before us and no pun on the laid! For a second there, I almost thought I wasn't a Golden Girl candidate anymore.

(Oh but who am I kidding ... a few us were channeling Blanche Devereaux.)

clevelander south beach drink cocktailDrinks and good times with a stunning view at The Clevelander. Available every weekend, people. Always a good time to celebrate.

I can't thank The Clevelander enough for sponsoring Sex and the Beach's fifth anniversary bash and putting me up for the night. My room, which faced the back alley, was cool, quiet (thankfully!) and the beds plush and comfy. But enough of that (you really don't want to know what happened in my room, right? Let's just say that "dial zero for booty call" is not available from the The Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau).

We had such an incredible time celebrating with an ocean view, balmy breezes, great music, food and drink, hanging out with old friends and making new ones, that I swear I would consider going back to the Cleve regularly. Locals, take advantage of their Rockstar rewards -- worth crossing the causeway. I'll put my money where my mouth is on that one ... oh wait, that's incredibly inappropriate considering everything that did not happen in my room!

Soul of Miami
took some great pictures. These are my two favorites.

sex and the beach punanitinisThe Punanitini was good but could've been better. A little less triple sec and perhaps a splash of soda.

Now, I told you there would be punani at this party. The look on Annette's face is priceless.

clevelander punani cart wheels
My friend Carlos Miller shot a video, which features the cart wheeling babes. I swear, I didn't go to a Broward trailer trash flea market to hire this circus entertainment. It was a "normal" thing to do in South Beach. I don't know about you, but when I go to a fabulously chic, classy outdoor rooftop lounge and meet complete strangers, I strip down to a bikini, do cart wheels and flash my ass and pussy for the whole world to see.



Oh but forget about all that. There was the love, I tell you. The L - O - V- E. Friends far and wide, even those who couldn't make it in person, were in touch. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Wait no, let's go deeper than that, I thank you from head to toe!

But now let's get to the moment we've all been waiting for. Here are the winners of the drawing! Due to technical difficulties, we didn't hold the drawing during the party. (How could I, with all that punani in the air?) I held the drawing last night during a super secret ceremonial ritual with my friend @miamishines.

Drum roll! And the winners are ...

Dayngr
from Dayngrous Discourse wins my beat-up and signed South Florida Firefighters Calendar.

Dori Zinn wins a Body System from Ardyss.

Anonymous (you know who you are) wins a facial from Body Care.

Karlene from The Cleve wins the Life Extension basket from kNOw-AGING.

Stephanie, aka Midtown Chica, wins a case of wine from Wine Sisterhood. I know she needs it because she's planning a wedding.

Jessie from Bites and Pieces wins a gift certificate to Journelle.

And last but not least, @pochaccoyoly wins the grand prize with a photo shoot by Ipanemic and hair and makeup by D & L Hair Studio!

I want to thank all of you for supporting and following this blog for the last five years. May there be many more years of good reads and fun around the corner.

But enough about me. Celebrate yourself and what you do everyday! Follow your passion.

And about the title of this post ... a friend of mine tweeted me just before the party:



My reply: if you don't want to get sand in your delicate parts, don't have sex on the beach. Have sex and the beach. Why not? A little preposition makes all the difference in the world!

4 comments:

Pochaccoyoly said...

Now that I ran all over my house screaming like Kevin from Home Alone, all I can say is that I can't believe I won! Thank you so much!!!

-Yoly

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) said...

Yay! I never win anything, this is awesome! Thanks for the great giveaway. :)

Elaine said...

Yoly's gonna get her hair did! Cute post Maria! xoxo Love you girls.

Mirna said...

Great Party! I can't believe I missed it :(