Sunday, April 05, 2009

Little Havana: Manola-Style

As some of you know, I've been exploring Little Havana in the last few weeks and thoroughly enjoying myself while doing so. Here are some additional photos that I've taken since I wrote that article plus a live-streamed video -- all for your viewing pleasure. The man in the video, who claims to be 68 years old, sets up shop on the sidewalk in front of the Tower Theater during Viernes Culturales.

I went to hear PALO! play on Friday and I chose to grab a bite to eat on my own. Single ladies, I felt completely safe walking around that stretch of Calle Ocho between 12th and 17th avenue. Inevitably, there were a few comemierdas standing on every corner drinking coffee and talking shit, but no one messed with me. Be always safe, of course, but don't miss out on enjoying things just because you're on your own.

Azucar!



No comments: