Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Local: Is Burger Beast A Social Media Whore?


Learn all about the prolific burger eater, with some choice hardcore investigative questions by Carlos Miller. Shot live stream on Qik from my iPhone.

Last Sunday, Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast, held an event at Charm City Burger in Deerfield Beach. Burger Beast has been a lot on the radar lately, which is probably why Carlos Miller dubs him "social media whore." If you don't believe me, check out this long thread at Miami Beach 411, started by Soul of Miami, about what it really means to be a social media expert. It's better than a Jerry Springer show!

But in truth, I think the friendly feud is just a front for a bromance. Mutual admiration is just oozing from their pores.

For me, the answer is no. Sef is just a really nice guy who likes to eat burgers and share his love of the humble patty with the rest of the world. And he's doing it in a clever way, using social networking sites. I mean seriously, if Sef is a social media whore, that would make me an old, washed-up harlot by now. More on Sef at my Miami New Times blog: Burger Beast Eats Up Social Media.

By the way, if you haven't been to Charm City Burger, you don't know what you're missing. The joint is small and unassuming but the burgers are large and in charge! Try the kobe beef with foie gras.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Nice to meet you tonight ... sort of. If I had known about the meetup/tweetup, I would have gone!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FquFLpjWgY

You dont have to post it obviously lol but please take a look at my quick Maimi/South Florida airplane tour video. Please and Thanks!

P.S Nice blog! I subscribed to it because it has great South FL. content!